Dear Race Director:
Thank you for choosing to sanction your event with Triathlon BC. By sanctioning an event with Triathlon BC, you benefit from the experience and hard work that Triathlon BC, Triathlon Canada and the International Triathlon Union have invested in developing our growing sport, providing a consistent, professional platform for all stakeholders involved in hosting a successful event.
Events that meet our sanction requirements receive:
- An insurance and risk management package, including $5 million third party liability coverage.
- Assignment of subsidized Triathlon BC/Triathlon Canada accredited Officials (where/when possible).
- Free Triathlon BC technical membership for each Race Director (one individual per event).
- Please Note: for event insurance coverage to be activated, all Race Directors must be current members ingood standing with Triathlon BC. Please remember to renew your membership.
- Eligibility to apply for Provincial, National or International Championships, team selection races in addition to ITU World Cup and International Points races. (applicable for events sanctioned in the previous year only).
- Access to the TriathlonBC eNewsletter, distributed to all members and individuals who subscribe online.
- Provincial calendar listing in the TriathlonBC newsmagazine, eNews and on the Triathlon BC webpage (www.tribc.org).
- Technical Assistance: wherever possible, Triathlon BC will endeavour to assist you in hosting a safe andsuccessful event.
- Invitation to the Race Director's Annual Meeting, to have input into the future development of the sport, focusing on your issues and concerns, held in conjunction with the Annual General Meeting.
Your event deserve the best, and your participants deserve a memorable and safe experience. You have made the right choice in sanctioning your event with Triathlon BC.
Please review the following Forms carefully, noting key changes which were implemented with the start of the racing season.