Canadian Made Arkel Rear Panniers (Pair) are the most functional, durable and waterproof dry-bags on the market and loaded with completely functional / durable features as follows:
• Top opening main pocket features Velcro pinch closure which then rolls down and clips securely to the sides of the pack.
• Large front pocket is waterproof with a sealed zip closure and Velcro over flap.
• Behind the front pocket is a quick access slide in pocket with a mesh bottom. The mesh bottom allows drainage and is great to stash wet gear. Also handy if you travel with a note book or tablet that you would like to keep handy.
• The pannier is equipped with 2 bottle pockets that have draw cord/spring lock closure to keep your water bottles from jumping overboard if the road should get bumpy.
• Panniers are manufactured with TPU coated 400 denier rip-stop nylon with DWR finish which causes water to bead up on the fabric. This translates to a very flexible, durable waterproof fabric that is very hard wearing. TPU coating is generally used in the manufacture of survival suits, dry-suits for scuba diving as well as high quality outdoor gear.
• All seams and zippers are taped and sealed for the best protection.
• Arkel panniers are mounted to a HMWPE (high molecular weight polyurethane) backplate. This is a lightweight, durable plate that provides structure and protects the fabric from abrasive wear and tear.
• Patented Cam-Lock hook system and carry handle make it easy to carry and install the panniers. Panniers click into place quickly and easily.
• Approx. weight 2.16 kg/4.8 lbs (pair)
• Volume 48L / 2930 cu. In. (pair)
These are gently used and were purchased in 2017 for cycle travel in Europe. Carried personal gear only (clothing/toiletries), and have completed a total of 6 weeks travel. These are gold standard panniers and are not the type of pannier that you would generally see on a commuter bike. If you are serious about touring, you would be looking for something like these or perhaps similar Ortleib Panniers. If purchased new, you would expect to pay about $260.00 for the pair. We had planned many years use with these, but double knee surgery has changed the picture.
Note: The following link will access Arkel Dolphin 48 panniers which are the closest match to ours. The Dolphin model shown at this link are maybe a slightly newer version. https://www.arkel-od.com/dolphin-48-waterproof-panniers/
We live in Sechelt and if you are coming from Vancouver, we would be happy to meet you at Langdale Ferry terminal. If boarding the ferry on foot, you would likely have time to inspect product and return on same ferry. Unless, of course you wanted to spend the day on the Coast. Sorry, we cannot deliver. Please contact via e-mail or text to 604-803-7475.