Join us for the fall Youth Triathlon Camp in Cranbrook on October 7th & 8th! This camp is designed for novice to experienced athletes 12-16 years old. The goal is to provide skills and knowledge to inspire athletes to compete in triathlon events in the coming years – including the 2024 BC Summer Games! This camp will use multiple venues for swimming, biking, and running – with amazing coaches throughout the weekend, including triathlon phenom Shelby Lehmann, local coach Holger Bohm, and cycling coach Tim Sherstobitoff.
Each day will include multiple sessions focused on each discipline through coached discussions and drills on technique, tactics, and physiological development:
Skills for the camp:
- Pool swimming skills
- Focus on technical skill and fun drills
- Participants should be able to swim 200m in a pool non-stop
- Biking skills
- Intermediate and advanced parking lot skills
- Basic and advanced drafting skills on roads
- Bike mechanic skills and equipment knowledge
- Road bike or gravel bike (drop bar) is required for drafting skills and group riding safety.
- We may be able to accommodate non-road bikes, send us an email to inquire.
- Athletes will be draft legal certified at the end of the camp
- Running skills
- Speed and technique drills on a running track
- Pacing drills
- Transition skills
- Secret techniques to be a lightning fast
- Classroom education seminar.
9:00AM: Cycling and Transition session: slow speed drills, drafting skills, transition drills
12:00PM: Swim Session
2:00PM: Education seminars: sport specific information, goal setting, nutrition.
9:00AM: Cycling group riding and drafting session
12:00PM: Swim Session
2:00PM: Transition and Running drills
Details for the camp:
Camp will run 9am-4pm.
Cost for the two-day camp is $150.
Start/finish location will be the Cranbrook Aquatic Center.
*participants must be Triathlon BC members (Ages 15 and under=$18, 16-19yrs old= $32).
*bursaries are available to help offset the costs of this camp if needed, please inquire with email@example.com
Current cap is 20 athletes, with equal genders (10 boys, 10 girls). A waitlist will be available if capacity is reached.
Athletes outside of the age range may be able to join if the skill range is suitable for you and if space is available – please send us an email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lunch and snacks are the responsibility of each participant.
Accommodation is the responsibility of each participant.