Are you looking to share your love of triathlon and multisport with young, up and coming athletes? Register today and become an NCCP Youth Community Coach!
This course is focused on coaching U13 athletes, and includes coaching skills for all youth athletes. Coaches will learn about coaching for youth vs. coaching for adults, cover a variety of skill-building practices, activities, and games, and practice with other coaches, then plan and deliver their practices to actual kids and youth. This workshop is appropriate for those who want to coach children in triathlon and/or related sports, and an essential component to becoming a BC Games Zone Coach. The practical and applied training will integrate the sport’s values into physical training and teach coaches the 3F’s of coaching children (fun, form, fitness) while educating them in physical literacy and the sport’s various techniques.
- Dates: March 25 & 26, 2023
- Times: To be confirmed based on facility availability. We anticipate 8am-4pm (in-person both days)
- Location: TBC – Templeton Community Centre
- Facilitator: Kristine Chambers
- Cost: $150.00 for Triathlon BC Members ($175.00 for Non-Members)
In order to ensure a quality learning experience, we need to have at least 8 people registered for this clinic by noon on Monday, March 13th.
This clinic involves a hands on component where coaches get to work directly with young athletes. As a result, this means that all registrants will need to complete a Criminal Record Check and NCCP’s Making Ethical Decisions prior to receiving certification.
1. Making Ethical Decisions:
- Ensure you have, and can access Your NCCP Locker Account
- Complete the free eLearning activity NCCP Emergency Action Plan on the CAC Locker
- NCCP Making Ethical Decisions (MED): All coaches must also complete NCCP Making Ethical Decisions (MED) in order to complete the training. This course is offered as an online module or in-person. More information on training in BC can be found at – https://www.viasport.ca/coaching/make-ethical-decisions
Coaches will be required to complete Safe Sport online module before starting to coach with youth athletes. Safe, inclusive sport environments help make sport rewarding and enriching for all. By completing Safe Sport Training you will gain the knowledge and skills to create healthy and safe environments by recognizing, addressing and preventing maltreatment in sport.