NCCP YOUTH COMMUNITY SPORT CLINIC – SETPEMBER 15 & 16
Are you interested in working with children and youth in triathlon? The NCCP Triathlon Community Course will be offered in East Vancouver on September 15-16.
The NCCP Youth Community Clinic focuses on pre-pubescent aged (5-13) children. Instructors will learn how to apply a foundation of Fundamental Movement Skills (FMS) and physical literacy to teach triathlon to youth. A practical component with local athletes (children) on Sunday will also be a part of this course. Other topics covered in this clinic included triathlon philosophy, growth/development, training implications for youth, group safety, skill development and engaging activities to get youth excited about the sport of Triathlon.
- Dates: September 15 & 16
- Times: 8am-5pm Saturday & 8am-3pm Sunday
- Location: Templeton Park Pool & Community Centre (700 Templeton Dr, Vancouver)
- Facilitators: Kristine Chambers & Laura Medcalf
- Cost: $150.oo for Triathlon BC Members
- Registration: https://ccnbikes.com/#!/events/4893-nccp-youth-community-sport-vancouver
In order to ensure a quality learning experience, participants of this course are required to have the following pre-requisites before taking this course.
- Making Ethical Decisions NCCP Module – can be completed online
- Criminal Record Check*
*Triathlon BC currently uses mybackcheck.com for Criminal Record Checks
*Please note* – In order to ensure a quality learning experience for all, a minimum of 8 people need to be registered for this clinic no later than September 10, 2018.