Take your cycling to the next level. Learn how to corner with confidence, increase your pack riding skills, and tackle any hill using new found skills. Register in our three-part Skills Clinic and become a faster, more efficient, safer and confident athlete.
The Clinic will be delivered by National Coaching Institute (NCI) graduate, former National Cycling Team Coach and former Canadian Olympic Triathlon Team Coach, Steve Lund.
- Wednesday, May 22 Technical Skills – From bump and grinds, to out of the saddle efforts and everything in between, learn the nuances of pack riding to become a better, stronger, more confident athlete.
- Wednesday, June 5 Hill Climbing – Learn how to tackle a variety of hills, from steep short power pitches to long, grinding grades. Learn tips and techniques to maximize your climbing efficiency.
- Wednesday, June 19 High-Intensity Efforts – Master a high intensity workout on the bike and see your fitness improve across all three sports!
- Times: 5:30-7:00pm (plan to be 10-15 mins early)
- Location: Pacific Institute for Sport Excellence (4371 Interurban Road)
- Prerequisite: These are advanced skills clinic, participants should already be competent on their bikes and be able to average 25 to 28km/h. Road bikes are required. No MTB or flat-bar bikes permitted.
- Registration: https://ccnbikes.com/#!/events/7361-performance-cycling-skills-series-victoria
- One Session = $25.00 for Triathlon BC Members
- All Three Sessions = $60.00 for Triathlon BC Members
- To maximize the athlete experience, each clinic is limited to 12 participants and the minimum number of athletes required is 6.
About Coach Steve: Steve Lund is one of the few NCCP (National Coaching Certification Program) Level 4 Certified Coaches and NCCP Master Course Conductors in Canada, graduating from the University of Victoria’s National Coaching Institute in 1998. A former Canadian National Cycling Team and Canadian Olympic Triathlon Team Cycling Coach, Steve has been coaching full time since 1994. Many of Steve’s athletes have represented their country at the Olympics, World Championships, Pan American Championships, World Cups and World Master’s Championship events with numerous wins and podium finishes.