The 2022 season is just around the corner, and the sanctioned race calendar looks spectacular! Let’s make sure your affiliated Club is good to go, and ready to offer member discounts from December 1st, when our annual membership goes live! Each Club’s designated administrator can renew annual affiliation for the upcoming season.
Affiliation with Triathlon BC is available to all Clubs at no cost, providing minimum numbers are met, and coaches are ‘in-training’ or certified through the Coaches Association of Canada (CAC). Benefits of affiliation include:
- Triathlon BC Affiliated Clubs are listed on our website, providing the public with knowledge of quality assurance and the ability to search for your club
- Club Members receive a discount on their Annual Membership enrollment
- Affiliated clubs have access to development grants and assistance with grant applications through our sport partners
- Clubs will also receive updates on resources available from our sport partners
- Medical, dental and 3rd Party Liability and Accident Insurance Coverage for all training events, social events, and fundraisers.
- Affiliated clubs can request specific coach or officials clinics to best suit club needs and schedules, AND enjoy registration discounts on these clinics
- Club Members who are also annual members with Triathlon BC have a voice to vote on the direction of our sport at our Annual General Meetings.
KEY ITEMS TO NOTE FOR 2022:
- Criminal Record Checks will continue to be strongly recommended for all coaches and, are a requirement for any working with athletes under the age of 19.
- Our renewal form has been changed and will now be able to accept better uploads for a full club list of coaches and practices.
COVID-19 Resources for Clubs:
- Triathlon Canada Risk Assessment & Mitigation Checklist
- Safety Plan Template (doc) / PDF
- Participant Agreement (doc) / PDF
- Participant Waiver COVID-19 Declaration (doc) / PDF
TIMELINES: Triathlon BC requests that all Clubs renew their registration by December 1st to ensure a club discount code can be obtained in time for our memberships launch, December 1st.
Registration will remain open after this date but clubs should anticipate 4-6 business days to turnaround a club discount code.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to system constraints, we are unable to refund members who do not enter their discount code when they registration.
CRIMINAL RECORD CHECK: Triathlon BC will require all coaches working with athletes under the age of 19 to complete a criminal records check, and strongly recommend all club coaches perform the same criminal record check. This can be done as part of the Triathlon Canada registration, through Triathlon BC or from your local police department.
Triathlon BC require a copy of any record checks for coaches working with athletes under 19.
Triathlon BC currently uses mybackcheck.com for all Criminal Record Checks. In order to process a check:
- Triathlon BC needs the coach’s first name, last name and email
- A request for the check will be sent directly from the mybackcheck system to the coach
- The check will be processed online and the results will be sent to Triathlon BC
- There is a $25.00 cost associated with performing a background check.