2018 BC Championship & SuperSeries Bids Now Open – Submission deadline, October 31
Creating a world class athlete experience is a priority for Triathlon BC, both to ensure growth for our sport, and, with a saturated event market place, ensure athletes return, time and time again, to the sport we love.
‘Sanctioned by Triathlon BC’ indicates that an event has met the minimum requirements established by Triathlon BC. It signifies that the Race Director has completed a thorough review of an event’s swim, bike and run courses, has evaluated and planned for medical, emergency, safety and volunteer support, and that the Race Director will conduct the event according to the rules and regulations governed by the International Triathlon Union (ITU), Triathlon Canada and/or Triathlon BC. Sanctioned events have continuous technical support and professional guidance and advice where required.
Events sanctioned by Triathlon BC have the following goals:
- Safe and fair competition.
- Strong partnership between the LOC and Triathlon BC.
- Inclusion of paratriathlon events to support participation and growth of paratriathlon in the province.
- Inclusion of age-group competition from kids to adult to grow multisport across the province.
- Development of the sport and maximize exposure for triathlon.
- Provide competitive opportunities that support long-term athlete development.
- Encourage performance stream athletes to remain in the province to experience formidable competition.
All bids received will be reviewed by Triathlon BC’s Sanction Committee. Events that are awarded with a BC Championship or SuperSeries designation will be announced on or before, December 1st, 2017.
To download the 2018 Provincial Championship & SuperSeries bid package, please click HERE.
Please note, Championship & SuperSeries bids must be submitted by the end of the day, October 31st.
For those seeking to host sanctioned events – outside of Provincial Championship or SuperSeries Events – please download the 2018 Race Information Sheet HERE.
Race directors should also take note of the 2018 Provincial Hosting Grant.
For those seeking Triathlon Canada National level sanction, please see the following documents: