Triathlon BC’s Provincial Championship events uphold values that include participation, performance and inclusivity, while offering athletes an opportunity to test themselves against the best competitors in their age group from across British Columbia in their pursuit of a Champion’s title. A total of five age group events were hosted across the province in the summer of 2018. The 2018 Age-Group BC Championship events included:
- BC Duathlon Championships – Bare Bones Duathlon – May 12, 2018
- BC Standard Distance Championships – Peach Classic Triathlon – July 15, 2018
- BC Junior Championships – Vernon Triathlon – September 9, 2018
- BC Sprint Distance Championships – Cultus Lake Triathlon – September 16, 2018
- BC Long Distance Championships – Cultus Lake Triathlon – September 16, 2018
Annual Provincial Champion titles were awarded to the first Triathlon BC member across the line in each age category, at each of the disciplines listed above. The 2018 BC Champions List has been posted to our Masters Athlete section of our website.
Triathlon BC had the privilege of drawing a special prize package for our age-group Championship races. A Provincial Champion was randomly selected from each race to receive a prize package of a Rudy Project helmet, Rudy Project sunglasses, a Gift Certificate for an Aquas Sphere Wetsuit, a pair of Aqua Sphere Goggles, a F2C Water Bottle and an exclusive Triathlon BC Cinch Sack from Jakroo. The draw prize winners are:
- Rory Bass (Kelowna, BC) – BC Duathlon Draw Winner
- Stephen Marshall (Vancouver, BC) – BC Standard Distance Draw Winner
- Ashley Reid (Port Coquitlam, BC) – BC Sprint Distance Draw Winner
- Jordan Abney (Delta, BC) – BC Long Distance Draw Winner
Triathlon BC would like to extend congratulations to all members who completed a BC Championship event in the 2018 racing season!