On the heels of two major event announcements made earlier this week, today, Triathlon BC, together with its partner Race Directors, has confirmed the 2020 Provincial Championship calendar. Competitors from around the province will vie for top Champion titles, with some athletes going on to compete for 2021 ITU World Championships age group spots within these competitions.
Six events span the Championship season, visiting Vancouver Island, the Kootenays and the Fraser Valley, while making routine stops in the Okanagan Valley.
- BC Duathlon Championships, BareBones Duathlon, May TBC
- BC Long Distance Championships, Oliver Half Iron Triathlon, June 7
- BC Aquathlon Championships, Lake Windermere Aquathlon, July 25 & 26
- BC Standard Distance Triathlon Championships, Kelowna Apple Triathlon, July 4 & 5*
- BC Sprint Distance Triathlon Championships, Kelowna Apple Triathlon, July 4 & 5*
- BC Junior & U23 Triathlon Championships, Paradigm Naturopathic Kids Triathlon, September 13
- BC Cross Triathlon Championships, Dodge City X Triathlon, September 12
*denotes ITU World Championship qualifying events.
Triathlon BC’s Provincial Championship events uphold values that include participation and inclusivity, while offering performance pathway athletes an opportunity to test themselves against the best competitors from British Columbia and abroad, in their pursuit of a Champion’s title.
“We’re incredibly proud and excited to host the Provincial Cross Triathlon Championship for the second year running. Cumberland may be a small community, but it truly is a world class venue for off-road triathlon. Hosting the championships means that more athletes from across BC will get a chance to discover our trails and our community, it’s a win-win all around” declared Ryan Parton, Race Director of the Dodge City X Triathlon.
All competitors, regardless membership or residency status are encouraged to participate in the Championship events, with the top three male and female competitors in each age category going on to receive uniquely-crafted, high quality Provincial Champion medals supplied by Triathlon BC. Annual Provincial Champion titles, together with an assortment of prize memorabilia, are awarded to the first Triathlon BC annual member across the line in each age category.