Zone Coach Call Out
Triathlon BC is calling for coaches who are interested in coaching and leading a Zone Team for the 2022 Prince George BC Summer Games, taking place between July 21st to the 24th.
The BC Games bring together British Columbia’s next generation athletes, trained coaches, and certified officials for three days of competition. This experience is an important development opportunity and stepping stone towards higher level competitions.
Triathlon BC is seeking two coaches for each BC Games recognized zone, with one of each gender; a Head Coach and an Assistant Coach/Adult Supervisor.
What Zone Am I In? – Interactive Zone Map – https://www.bcgames.org/Games/Zones.aspx
Each of the 8 BC Summer Games Zones will be supported by Triathlon BC, the Provincial Advisor and the Sport Chair. All Zone coaches are expected to be certified or working through the NCCP Community Coach Education Pathway.
Zone Coaches will benefit from involvement at the BC Summer Games through:
- Triathlon BC organized BC Summer Games Coach-specific NCCP Community Workshops and eligible for NCCP professional development points
- Learning and mentorship opportunities both before and during the BC Summer Games
- A great addition to your coaching resume
- Entry point for Provincial Team management skill development
- Access to Canadian Sport Institute Speaker Series
- Networking with coaches and athletes from across BC
- Opportunities that can extend beyond the BC Summer Games, including performance pathway athlete testing and events
- Experience providing leadership
- Free Triathlon BC Zone Coach shirt and Team BC-issued swag!
Coaches & adult supervisors must reside in the zones they represent. If there are no assistant coaches available, an adult of the opposite sex of the coach can apply and take on the adult supervisor role as long as they have completed the NCCP Making Ethical Decisions (MED) module by June 1st, 2022.
Head Coach: NCCP Community Coach Certified – Will need to complete and submit a current criminal record check
Assistant Coach: NCCP Make Ethical Decision Module (MED) and Safe Sport Module – will need to complete and submit a current criminal record check
Adult Supervisor: complete the Make Ethical Decisions (MED) module and Safe Sport Module – will need to complete and submit a current criminal record check
NOTE: Triathlon BC will work with successful applicants that do not (currently) meet BC Games NCCP/Safe Sport requirements.
ROLE OF THE ZONE COACH:
Coaches play a critical role in the success of their athletes. The Zone Head Coach and Assistant Coach will work Triathlon BC and their Zone athletes to prepare their in achieving the best possible performance at the BC Summer Games.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Prior to the Games
- In partnership with Triathlon BC, promote the Games within their zone to maximize participation.
- Run or attend the zone selection events (with the support of Triathlon BC) clearly communicate selection criteria to all eligible zone athletes in the selection process (this will vary from zone to zone).
Work with Triathlon BC to ensure all Games-related timelines are met
- Travel with the zone team on Games transportation
At the Games
- Stay with the zone team in a supervisory capacity in Games accommodation
- Coach and manage the team throughout the duration of the Games
- Attend any coaches meeting or events as required
This is a volunteer position, however all Games related expenses associated with transportation, meals and accommodation are covered in the coaching role.
Click on the link to complete the application form!If you have any questions or would like more information regarding coaching at the 2022 BC Summer Games, please contact Triathlon BC.