BC Athlete Assistance Program 2018/19 – SUBMISSION DEADLINE JUNE 1, 2019
The BC Athlete Assistance Program (BC AAP) is a program funded by the Provincial Government which provides grants to provincial sport organizations and post-secondary institutions to help athletes train and compete.
By recognizing high performance athletes (selected by provincial sport organizations and post-secondary institutions) who compete in select provincial, national or international competitions, the BC AAP aims to relieve some of the financial pressures associated with training and competition needs.
The Sport and Recreation Branch intends that BC AAP focus on those athletes who are just below those receiving Sport Canada funding. This financial assistance will ensure a continuum of support for the development of national and international class BC athletes.
In summary, the overall AAP philosophy of Triathlon BC is to award the allocated funds to help defray costs for athletes who meet the posted selection criteria listed in Section 5.0 of the AAP application document.
- To focus support to athletes in the “training to compete” and “training to win” stages of Canadian Sport for Life – Long Term Athlete Development Model;
- To help athletes reach their potential.
- To provide positive role models for young people in BC and increase the resulting number of participants entering sport.
- To increase the number of BC athletes reaching federal carding status.
- To improve performances of Team BC in multi-sport games.
- To increase BC representation on National Teams participating in international events.
Guidelines, Policies and Procedures
Triathlon BC has developed sport specific criteria based on the criteria outlined in the BC Athlete Assistance Program guidelines, policies and procedures document. Athletes must meet a minimum performance standard to be eligible for funding.
The BC government determines the minimum and maximum payout amount each organization can distribute. At the discretion of Triathlon BC, and where funds are available, Triathlon BC can elect to enhance financial awards based on the level of competition and respective athletic results.
- Canadian citizens; BC resident for the past year (you must include a photocopy of your BC MSP card with your application).
- A minimum of 15 years of age as of December 31, 2019.
- Member in good standing of Triathlon BC at time of application.
- Preference will be given to athletes Under 23 years of age.
- Considerations will be given to those athletes that have been nominated to the CSI Enhanced Excellence list.
- Applications must be accompanied by an IPP prepared by the athlete’s coach, or provide confirmation of submission via Triathlon Canada’s Smartabase.
To download a copy of the AAP Guidelines, please click HERE.
To download the AAP Application Form, please click HERE.
Please note the submission deadline, June 1, 2019.