The 2018 BC Summer Games take place on July 19th through to the 22nd, in the Cowichan Valley. Triathlon BC invites athletes between the ages of 14-15 to participate in three days of Games’ competition at Brentwood College in Mill Bay.
A total of 52 multisport athletes will take part in triathlon at the BC Summer Games. In order to compete at the Games, athletes must be members of Triathlon BC prior to selection, and qualify based on the criteria listed for each zone. Criteria for each zone has been outlined in the BC Summer Games Qualification document.
BC Summer Games Schedule
Friday July 20:
- Sprint Triathlon – 400m swim / 9km bike / 3km run (note: distances may vary slightly)
- Duathlon – 1 km run / 5 km bike / 1 km run
Saturday July 21:
- Aquathlon – 300 m swim / 1 km run
- Super Sprint Mixed Relay – distance TBC
Sunday July 22:
- F1 Triathlon – 200 m swim / 3 km bike / 1 km run
In an effort to ensure equal participation and representation from all areas of the province, the BC Games has divided the province into eight Zones; Kootenays (Zone 1), Thompson-Okanagan (Zone 2), Fraser Valley (Zone 3), Fraser River (Zone 4), Vancouver-Coastal (Zone 5), Vancouver Island-Central Coast (Zone 6), North West (Zone 7), North East (Zone 8). Triathlon BC has appointed a head coach for each zone.
BC Games Coaches List:
- Kootenays (Zone 1) – Tim Fix
- Thompson-Okanagan (Zone 2) – Laura Medcalf
- Fraser Valley (Zone 3) – Colby & Velina Johnson
- Fraser River (Zone 4) – Tanya Jones
- Vancouver- Coastal (Zone 5) – Kristopher Hildebrand & Kristine Chambers
- Vancouver Island-Central Coast (Zone 6) – Lynda Magor
- North West (Zone 7) – Crystal Thomas
- North East (Zone 8) – Jamie Maxwell
Resources for Parents/Athletes:
- BC SUMMER GAMES QUALIFICATION DOCUMENT
- BC SUMMER GAMES TECHNICAL PACKAGE
- TRIATHLON BC SUMMER GAMES INFORMATION
Have questions about the BC Summer Games? Contact Program Manager and Provincial Advisor, Emily Vickery at firstname.lastname@example.org.