The BC Summer Games are an athlete’s first experience in a multi-sport Games environment. Athletes from all over the province come together to compete over the course of 4 days. The Province is separated in 8 zones, with up to 52 athletes, between 15 and 17 years of age, being selected to their respective zone teams. The BC Summer Games is an important part of an athlete’s development.
Triathlon BC is seeking a dedicated individual that would be interested in taking on the important role of Sport Chair for the upcoming 2022 BC Games that are taking place in Prince George.
The Sport Chair is responsible for all operational and logistical aspects of the Triathlon events at the 2022 BC Summer Games. The Sport Chair represents Triathlon BC in the host community, and is the key liaison between Triathlon BC and the Host Society in Prince George. The successful individual will work closely with Triathlon BC’s Provincial Advisor and staff in delivering the Games experience.
The Sport Chair must reside within Prince George, and must be fully available and onsite during the 2022 BC Summer Games, from July 21 – 24, 2022.
The Sport Chair will be reimbursed for travel expenses and other out-of-pocket expenses related to performing their duties and provided with a Games honorarium upon completion.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Provincial Advisor and host community volunteers on the operational side of preparing for events at the Games.
- Provide frequent updates to the Provincial Advisor and ensure ongoing communication on progress with planning and implementation of the event.
- Attend various in-person meetings in Prince George, including the Key Volunteer Rally and meetings with the Host Society, as well as online meetings.
- Work closely with the Provincial Advisor to prepare key documents, including the Venue Map, the Sport Information Package, the Sport Schedule, and the final report while complying with all deadlines set by the BC Games Sport Directorate, the BC Games Society, and Triathlon BC.
- Provide a tour to the Host Society’s Directorates and BC Games Staff of the sport venue, and to provide an overview of the competition plan and layout of the venue.
- Organize all aspects of the Triathlon BC multisport events.
- Other responsibilities as reasonably required.
Required Experience and Skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively as a team.
- Ability to meet all deadlines set by the BC Games Society and Triathlon BC.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, and time-management skills.
- Willing to embrace new challenges and opportunities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, and Zoom (video conferencing software).
- Experience in organizing events and/or event management is considered a strong asset.
- Knowledge and experience in the amateur sport system in British Columbia is considered a strong asset.
- Experience working with and/or managing volunteers is considered a strong asset.
- Experience in multi-sport Games is considered a strong asset.
To submit an expression of interest, candidates are requested to submit their resume and cover letter to Triathlon BC no later than noon, Friday, July 18th.