The Canadian National Triathlon Championships will provide meaningful race opportunity for both the experienced and developing athletes. Athletes racing at the National level for the first time will have the opportunity to experience team supported travel, race prep and race support in a positive competitive environment. Provincial Coach Kelly Guest, and Assistant Coach Ellen Pennock, will provide assistance to athletes to ensure a positive racing experience for all athletes. A maximum of 16 athletes will be accepted to ensure quality coaching opportunities. A minimum number of athletes is required.
- Priority 1: CSIP registered athletes
- Priority 2: Athlete must have completed a Triathlon SuperSeries event in 2021 or 2022
- Priority 3: Athlete who can show, through evidence, that they are capable of being competitive at the Jr or U23 or Elite level of National competition
Timelines for trip:
- July 6th Arrival in Gatineau
- July 7th and 8th Training and Race Prep
- July 9th Canadian National Championships
- July 10th Return to BC
- All flights, accommodations, food and race registration fee are at the expense of the athlete.
- $1000 deposit required by May 27th that will be applied to the athlete’s accommodation and administrative fee
- Triathlon BC will book the shared accommodation and organize flights with successful candidates
Athletes must submit an Expression of Interest form by May 20th.