Triathlon BC is thrilled to recognize the achievements of the 2021 Canadian Sport Institute intake class! Despite an incredibly challenging sport landscape, these performance pathway athletes continued their commitment to ongoing training and the pursuit of athletic excellence.
“We are exceptionally proud of the history Triathlon BC has in developing athletes that go on to Triathlon Canada’s National Teams, states Kelly Guest, Provincial Coach. “The partnership we share with the Canadian Sport Institute is critical to our province’s ongoing success in the performance pathway, and reflects on the achievements of our many talented young athletes.”
Ranging from the 2019 WTS Tokyo winner and several Olympic hopefuls through to new juniors on the first rung of the performance pathway, the engagement of our athletes into the Canadian Sport Institute network, including PacificSport, and Engage Sport North, allows nominated athletes to be eligible to access numerous athlete support benefits, services, and programs that include:
- Ongoing training opportunities that may normally be limited due to COVID.
- Community Partnerships (discounted products/services).
- GymWorks™ (free gym access at numerous facilities).
- Free access to high performance sport education programs and seminars
- Athlete Assistance Program funding.
- Regular physiological testing
- A variety of grants and bursaries.
- And more – watch the VIDEO!
On behalf of Triathlon BC, Congratulations to the CSI-carded athletes of 2021!
- Tyler Mislawchuk, Canadian Development
- Alexis Lepage, Canadian Development
- John Rasmussen, Canadian Development
- Aiden Longcroft-Harris, Canadian Development
- Martin Sobey, Canadian Development
- Desirae Ridenour, Canadian Development
- Matt Sharpe, Canadian Development
- Colette Reimer, Canadian Development
- James Olson-Keating, Canadian Development
- Trevor Laupland, Canadian Development
- Sophia Howell, Provincial Development Level 1
- Abby Wilson, Provincial Development Level 1
- Brodie Marshall, Provincial Development Level 1
- Jamie Harker, Provincial Development Level 1
- Laurin Thorne, Provincial Development Level 1
- Andreanne Brière-Dulude, Provincial Development Level 1
- Gabby Bourgault-Kennaley, Provincial Development Level 1
- Jack Screen, Provincial Development Level 1
- Brody Wright, Provincial Development Level 1
- Cami Hill, Provincial Development Level 1
- Max Angove, Provincial Development Level 1
- Brennen Smith, Provincial Development Level 1
- Heidi Henry, Provincial Development Level 1
- Chris Gregor, Provincial Development Level 2
- Solen Wood, Provincial Development Level 2
- Daniel Damian, Provincial Development Level 2
- Alexis Woo, Provincial Development Level 2
- Anna Jackson, Provincial Development Level 2
Congratulations are further extended to individual Coaches that continue to elevate the performances of these talented young athletes.
- Jono Hall, Triathlon Canada National Team Coach
- Marc-Antoine Christin, Triathlon Canada National Performance Centre Coach
- Kelly Guest, Triathlon BC Provincial Coach
- Laura Medcalf, Inspire Multisport Coaching
- Lance Watson, LifeSport Coaching
What is the Canadian Sport Institute, PacificSport, and Engage Sport North?
The Canadian Sport Institute Pacific provides world-leading Olympic and Paralympic daily training environments to elite athletes and coaches in British Columbia. With the support of our partners, our team of experts deliver sport science and medicine, coaching and life services to Power Podium Performances and help Canada win more medals. PacificSport and Engage Sport North are partner organizations of the Canadian Sport Institute who provides benefits, programs, and services to athletes and coaches through a regional centre network across British Columbia.
Learn more about the CSI-P intake process and Triathlon BC’s performance criteria HERE.