Title: Program Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Part-Time with potential to grow to Full-Time
Triathlon BC is the provincial governing body for multisport in British Columbia. As a not-for-profit organization, we are a volunteer-led organization that delivers programs to support the growth and development of multisport athletes, coaches, officials, clubs and events across the province.
OVERVIEW: The Program Manager is service-oriented, charged with the growth of quality member experiences; planning, coordinating, monitoring and managing a number of membership and sport related programs and initiatives.
The Program Manager ensures that sport development opportunities are provided in a manner complimentary to Triathlon BC’s strategic plan, and effectively partners with stakeholders that include schools, municipal recreation departments, multi-sport organizations, community groups and government agencies.
The position will be partly based out of the Triathlon BC office (Vancouver) with flexibility to work from a suitable home office.
Download the Program Manager Brief HERE.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plans, manages, executes, on-site and remotely, coordination of clinics, camps and community programs as required throughout the year, including but not limited to:
- NCCP Programs and associated CAC reporting requirements
- Age Group-related programs
- Multisport Games Program
- Responds to all member inquires
- Initiates and oversees Triathlon BC’s soon to be released 3, 2, 1 Triathlon youth program
- Where necessary, develops a volunteer management system to ensure quality program delivery, including recruitment, training and recognition
- Assists in the delivery of youth, junior and U23 performance-oriented events
- Provides support for, and acts as a resource to, Members and Clubs
- Manage and oversees annual Club renewal process
- Contributes to communication strategies for special events, eNewsletter, printed materials, social media and website updates
- Assists with the development of promotional material to increase awareness of all Triathlon BC related programs
- Where applicable, implements public education and outreach activities on behalf of Triathlon BC
- Attends identified Triathlon BC events throughout the season
Other duties as required.
- Develops partnerships with area schools and affiliated clubs for the effective delivery of the 3, 2, 1 Triathlon Program
- Stewards partnerships with provincial partners and community stakeholders, events and programs
- Plans, manages and adheres to identified operating budgets
- Shares in the development and execution of Triathlon BC’s strategic plan
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES:
- Must have a passion for sport
- University or College degree or equivalent in sport management or related field
- 4 – 6 years sport program management experience is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner in all formats
- Must be proficient with a variety of computer programs and software including MS Office, Zoom, social media platforms and Adobe
- Thorough understanding of the provincial and national sport landscape.
- Ability to meet deadlines, work independently and be a creative problem solver
- Must be organized, self-driven and able to effectively manage time and priorities
- Experience working with youth and adult athletes
- Knowledge and experience in program development
- Completion of clear Criminal Record Check and organizational screening required; Safe Sport Training required
- Able to travel to attend identified sanctioned events, access to personal vehicle is required; Valid Class 5 Drivers License issued in British Columbia required; Some evening and weekend flexibility will be required to attend meetings and events
- Ability to repeatedly lift 50 lbs to waist height (role requires the ability to maneuver large and heavy equipment)
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada and proficient in English
The incumbent is expected to be in regular contact with the Triathlon BC team and to be responsive via phone, email, internal messaging systems, etc. during assigned working hours.
Triathlon BC is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability.
Please forward resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Competition will remain open until filled by a qualified candidate.