Competition Coach Mentorship Opportunity: WTCS Montreal
June 23–26 2022
June 23–26 2022
Triathlon Canada is offering a coach education/mentorship opportunity in conjunction with the 2022 WTCS Montreal and Junior World Championship on June 23rd–26th. This is a professional development opportunity available to Triathlon Canada registered coaches and counts towards Maintenance of Certification (MOC). Targeting Comp Dev coaches and coaches working in the high performance context, the purpose of the program is to expose Canadian coaches to international performance, and international coaching staff as well as to build a community of practice amongst Canadian coaches.
Organized by Triathlon Canada as part of the NCCP, with leadership from High Performance Director Patrick Kelly, the experience is facilitated by Craig Taylor with assistance from Francis
• 2 zoom calls to plan, coordinate and share information, tentatively:
1. Wednesday June 1st, 8:00PM ET
2. Wednesday June 15th, 8:00PM ET
• 4 days at WTCS Montreal to observe and analyse performances, and to meet active international coaches in formal (seminar) and informal settings.
• Arild Tveiten, Norway’s head coach will be available for one presentation. TBA will be another international coach.
• A debrief and summary document outlining feedback for future opportunities to mentor Canadian coaches at international events on Canadian soil
Coaches must be registered with Triathlon Canada through the Triathlon Canada coaching portal and costs $75. Coaches are responsible for their own travel, accommodation and per diem while in Montreal.
Triathlon Canada wants to provide a unique opportunity for coaches to learn from International Coaches, gain insight into coaching at the WTCS level, and to bring the Canadian Triathlon Community closer together.
Coaches who are interested are asked to please email Craig Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will add you to the mentorship group for the event.
Lucy Smith, MCD Triathlon Canada