GAMES TORCHING LIGHT – JUNE 22nd
Torch lighting for the Kelowna 2019 55+ BC Games will be held on Saturday, June 22, 2019 at 2:30 pm in Stuart Park located at 1430 Water Street, Kelowna, BC.
Come celebrate the kickoff of the Kelowna 2019 55+ BC Games. We look forward to seeing you there!
FIND THE RIGHT GAMES INFORMATION ONLINE
The 55+ Games are updating their website with the most current information on a daily basis, please have a look, and if you have any questions, your Zone Sport Coordinator or Zone Director are great sources of information, or you can reach out directly to the Games at email@example.com.
Registration for the Kelowna Games will be coming to a close soon, so be sure to register early to avoid disappointment. Full instructions for registration can be found on the Registration page with helpful links. Be sure to check your Zone’s page for registration deadlines.
To register for the Games:
- Choose your Sport: Review the rules and technical information on the sport pages to determine your eligibility and events you would like to enter.
- Contact your Zone Sport Coordinator or Zone Director: Determine the zone you reside in and contact your Zone Sport Coordinator or Zone Director prior to registering. Each zone is responsible for registering participants and ensuring your registration is complete and processed.
- Download, Print and Submit Registration Forms and Payment to your Zone: Your Zone Sport Coordinator or Registrar will have all the information you need to complete your registration. You can always email firstname.lastname@example.org should you have questions.
WHAT IS ‘ACCREDITATION’?
Multi-sport Games are different from other competitions that you are probably used to. For first-time participants there can be questions about Accreditation. Here is a quick Accreditation 101.
- Accreditation will be open Tuesday September 10 from 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm and again on Wednesday September 11 from 12:00 noon to 5:00pm
- If your sport starts on Wednesday, you will need to attend accreditation on Tuesday. Otherwise you can go to accreditation on Wednesday.
- Accreditation will be held at the Capital News Centre, 4105 Gordon Dr, Kelowna, BC V1W 4Z1.
- At Accreditation you will “check-in” with both your zone and your sport to ensure that you are entered in the events you registered for and you will receive your competition credentials and Games information package. Your Zone may also have items to distribute to you at Accreditation.
- You will receive your Accreditation Badge. You need this badge to be admitted to all Games Events and to use the Games transportation system.
TRANSPORTATION AT THE GAMES
The Kelowna Games Host Society is diligently creating the Games transportation system for your use during the Games. It is hoped that the Games can make use of the Transportation System, as it is a convenient way to get to your venue and not have to worry about parking.
Based on a central “Transfer Station” located at the Games Office. Six routes will run to 25 different Hotels/motels and over 20 different Sport Venues. If your accommodation is not served by a direct shuttle pickup, you can park your car at the “Transfer Station” and take a bus to your venue. Exact route details will be posted on the Games’ website when they are finalized.
Getting to and from the airport will also be a breeze with Airport Transfers. Reservations for Airport Transfers will be required and will be available for booking on July 2nd. More details will follow and also be posted on the Transportation page of the website at https://www.55plusbcgames.org/kelowna2019/transportation-kelowna/
For more information, don’t forget to visit our Master Athlete page.