On March 29th, the provincial government and the PHO announced further amendments to the province-wide restrictions on indoor and outdoor social gatherings, however, the guidelines currently in place for sport remain unchanged.
The updated changes to the social gathering restrictions include:
- A person may permit a place, other than a private residence or vacation accommodation, to be used for, or may provide, or may participate in group sport, if the following conditions are met:
- if the group sport is indoors, only two persons participate;
- if the group sport is outdoors, only ten persons participate;
- the participants maintain a distance of three metres from one another while engaged in the group sport, unless the participants reside in the same private residence;
- there are no spectators, unless the presence of a spectator is necessary in order to provide care to a participant
Further PHO restrictions remain in place for sport, including the temporary suspension of competition, no spectators, and limits on travel for sport.
For more information on the province-wide restrictions on events and gatherings, please visit https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restrictions