Grant Opportunity – Rising Stars BC SuperSeries Season Pass
Triathlon BC recognizes the economic barriers facing families pursuing the performance pathway, and the need for financial aid to support the development of young, performance bound athletes across the province. The Rising Star Grant is made possible by the generous donations from passionate business leaders investing in our sport at the inaugural Fundraising Gala which was held on August 9th, 2018.
Guidelines & Eligibility
Triathlon BC will award up to two male and two female athletes with a SuperSeries pass, allowing the deserving recipients to compete in all Provincial SuperSeries High Performance events throughout the 2019 race season, without incurring any registration or entry fees!
To be considered, a Rising Star athlete must:
- Be between 13 and 23 years of age as of December 31, 2019.
- Be a current Triathlon BC member.
- Have competed in a minimum of one SuperSeries event in 2018.
- Be able to demonstrate a high standard of achievement in education, culture, community service, sport volunteer work, etc.
- Submit a letter of support from their current coach alongside their application.
- Submit a quality, completed application before the published deadline.
NOTE: Priority will be given to those athletes registered with Canadian Sport Institute Pacific at the Provincial Development service level.
Rising Star Season Passes can only be awarded to a given athlete once in each age category.
Triathlon BC reserves the right not to disburse Grants in any given year if applicants are deemed suitably unqualified. There is no cash payout associated with this Grant. Coupon codes will be provided to the successful recipients.
Application Deadline – Applications must be received by noon, December 17, 2018. The following must be included with each submission:
- A cover letter outlining intent, competition history and achievements outside of sport from 2018 (max. 1 page).
- A written letter of support from the applicant’s primary coach (max. 1 page).
- Complete submissions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Triathlon BC will receive and administer all applications. Submissions will be provided to a selection committee who will determine the successful recipients based on the calibre of applications. Triathlon BC reserves the right to withhold awards based on lack of adequate submissions.