The Northern BC Coaching and Officiating Development Fund is a localized initiative, supported in part by the Northern Sport Strategy, created to provide support for coaching and officiating development leading up to the 2015 Canada Winter Games and beyond.
Recipients of this grant can use the funding to reduce the cost of their training and/or certification courses, in turn helping to increase accessibility to coaching and officiating development.
Who can apply? Community groups who:
- are not-for-profit organizations, located in a northern community within BC Games Zones 7 or 8
- are a member in good standing of an appropriate provincial sport organization or working in partnership with an appropriate provincial organization
Registered, Accredited or Affiliated Organizations who:
- are hosting a coaching or officiating course in a northern community located within BC Games Zones 7 or 8
- permanently reside in a northern community located within BC Games Zones 7 or 8
- are endorsed by their respective sport organization or association to pursue training, mentoring or certification opportunities and will use this training to the benefit of their local community
GUIDELINES AND FORMS
Deadline: Applications will be accepted until 11:59 PM PST on Thursday, December 3, 2020. Only courses and events occurring between January 1, 2021 and March 31, 2021 are eligible.
*Due to timing of grant intakes, courses from April 1 to June 30 2021 may also be considered.