The two-week Provincial Health Officer Order for individuals, places of work and businesses across the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley is now in place until November 23, 2020. The Order effects individuals and communities within the Vancouver Coastal and Fraser Health regions, and focuses on four areas of concern:
- Social Gatherings
- Group Physical Activities
- Workplace Safety
From November 7, 2020 at 10:00pm to November 23, 2020 at 12:00pm travel into and out of the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley should be limited to essential travel only. Essential travel within BC includes:
- Regular travel for work within your region
- Travel for things like medical appointments
As of this post (November 10th), the formal order has not been released, however, sport activities hosted in the Vancouver Coastal Health and Fraser Health regions will be impacted in several areas:
- Travel into and out of the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley should be limited to essential travel only.
- Travel to, from and between the listed regions for athletic competitions is prohibited.
- Indoor, non-contact sport can continue activities as before, except for travel restrictions as per above.
- Outdoor sport activities can continue without change, except travel restrictions as per above.
- It is recommended that no spectators attend outdoor or indoor sport activities/events.
NOVEMBER 12 UPDATE: ViaSport has been working with Government to clarify the recent Order, and what it means to sport. Read the Summary posted HERE.
An FAQ document related to this order can be found HERE.
Please do your part in protecting our communities and stopping the spread.