Effective July 1st, British Columbia took another step forward, moving to Step 3 of BC’s Restart Plan. Changes that bring about several important updates for outdoor sports, including:
- Participant Group size limits have been removed.
- Spectators group size restrictions to 5,000 or 50% of venue capacity. Inside 50 or 50% of venue capacity.
- Must comply with any additional restrictions that may be asked of by the venue/facility owner, including participant and spectator group sizes.
- Masks are not required outside, on or off the field of play. Inside, masks are not required on field of play, but recommended for those over 12 that are not fully vaccinated.
- Physical distancing is not required on or off the field of play.
- All events and organized activities should have a Work Safe BC Communicable Disease Prevention Plan.
- Monitor orders and guidance that are issued and updated.
- Provide or have available, hand-hygiene facilities.
- Routine cleaning of touch points.
- Ventilation of spaces.
- If someone is sick, encourage them to stay home.
Triathlon BC encourages all members and clubs to continue following the Provincial Health Office guidelines. In addition, Triathlon BC recommends:
- Respect the space of others and provide distancing if asked.
- Respect each other’s comfort levels and right to wear a mask if desired.
- Efforts to minimize the grouping of individuals.
- Efforts to minimize the number of touch points.
- Allow for the spacing of individuals relative to their comfort levels.
- Remind everyone to perform self-health checks and stay home if not feeling well.
Triathlon BC recommends that all clubs continue to take registration and maintain records of attendance for contact tracing purposes and for incidents that may involve liability claims covered by Triathlon BC’s member and event insurance.
Thanks to everyone for the ongoing patience as we move through the steps of BC’s Restart Plan in a responsible, and respectful way.
Please see the viaSport Restart Return to Sport 2.0 chart on the button below, and the associated FAQ, updated regularly.
Information is subject to change based on case counts, ongoing vaccination rates and hospitalizations. Please see the viaSport website for the latest updates on BC’s Return to Sport Restart Phase 3.0.