The 2022 European Triathlon Junior Cup is an opportunity for local athletes to experience international racing under the coaching direction of Coach Ellen Pennock. The project will be held June 23 – July 4, 2022, including a race July 2nd in Holten, Netherlands. This race regularly attracts junior athletes from around the world. This race provides a good simulation of the racing level experienced at World Championships. A maximum of six (6) athletes will be accepted to ensure quality coaching opportunities. A minimum number of athletes is required.
- 16-19 years of age
- 2022 Canada Summer Games identified athletes including alternates
- Athletes that are able to provide evidence of a competitive triathlon races
Timelines for trip:
- June 23rd Depart Victoria
- June 25 – July 1st Training and Race Prep
- July 2nd Holten Race
- July 3rd Return to Canada
- All flights, accommodations, food and race registration fee are at the expense of the athlete.
- $1000 deposit required by May 27th that will be applied to the athlete’s accommodation and administrative fee
- Triathlon BC will book the shared accommodation and organize flights with successful candidates
Athletes must submit an Expression of Interest form by May 20th.