COVID-19 2021 Event Support Grant
Triathlon BC’s Event Support Grant provides provincially sanctioned events with a one-time grant to help off-set the cost of delivering multisport events in BC during the 2021 season.
The Grant offers support for non-profit and for-profit community level events based in BC that have been significantly impacted by COVID-19, with ambitions of hosting sanctioned event(s) in the coming 2021 season, and adhere to the Provincial Health Office COVID-19 related protocols and Return to Sport Guidelines
Triathlon BC recognizes the challenges and hardships race directors have faced in 2020, and understand the vital role that sport plays in community well being. This Grant has been created to help the recovery of sport across British Columbia.
Representatives from eligible events are invited to apply for up to $1,500 to help offset costs associated with delivering a sanctioned event in the province.
What events are eligible?
- Events with a successful history of sanctioning with Triathlon BC, with a minimum of 2 years of safe event hosting (2018 & 2019).
- 2020 Race Information Sheets on record with Triathlon BC.
- Be sanctioned in 2021, respecting all sanction submission deadlines.
- Events that have submitted their 2021 Race Information Sheet.
- Have a COVID Safety Plan directly associated with their 2021 event on file.
- Have no unresolved fees with Triathlon BC.
- Race Directors that are current Members of Triathlon BC.
With the devastation of the 2020 race calendar, Triathlon BC anticipates a significant number of Grant applications; not all events will be funded. A tiered funding approach will be used, based on previous participant history and timely Post Event Report submissions. Grants will also consider:
- Financial Need
- Ability to deliver events in 2021
- Reporting History
- Participant count
- Events with a COVID Safety Plan in place
Only one application per Race Director, event or organizing entity will be accepted. Successful Grant recipients will be confirmed on or before December 15, 2020. Grants will be released upon successful hosting of each 2021 sanctioned events.
Application deadlines is 11:59pm, November 30, 2020.