With the pandemic curtailing events around the world, skill development, understanding pack dynamics and race intensity have been sidelined for many around the province. Get a jump start on the return to sport with a three-week, progressive skills Clinic in a women’s only environment; lead by females and aimed at female riders between 16 and 23 years of age, but open to all performance seekers.
Take your cycling to the next level. Learn how to corner with confidence, increase your pack riding skills, and tackle any hill using new found skills. Register in our three-part Skills Clinic and become a faster, more efficient, safer and confident athlete!
- Session 1 – Technical Skills & Cornering – From bump and grinds, out of the saddle efforts to railing corners and everything in between, learn the nuances of pack riding – including getting the most out of every gear you have – to become a better, stronger, more confident multisport athlete.
- Session 2 – Hill Climbing & High Intensity Efforts – Learn how to tackle a variety of hills, from steep short power pitches to long, grinding grades. Learn when to push, and when to relax. Acquire new tips and tricks that will maximize your climbing efficiency and help you punch over any climb.
- Session 3 – Tying It All Together. What does it take to be a successful draft-legal racer? In a word, skills. Wrap up your new founds skills including pacelining, hill climbing, cornering and high intensity efforts into one race-oriented session to give you the confidence to tackle an upcoming race event.
BONUS! All Youth, Junior and U23 participants receive a FREE entry to the inaugural 2021 Brentwood Bay High Performance Mad Moto Triathlon (date TBA based on PHO restrictions)!
- Times: 5:30-7:00pm (plan to arrive 10-15 mins early)
- Cost: $75 Triathlon BC Members – Limited bursaries are available.
- $125 for Non-Members
- Locations & Dates:
Vancouver, June 7, 14, 21
5:30pm Jericho Hostel, 1515 Discovery St, Vancouver, BC
- Victoria (Date TBA)
- Kelowna (Date TBA)
- Prerequisite: These are advanced skills clinics, participants should already be competent on their bikes and be able to average 25 to 28km/h. Road bikes are required. No MTB, TT or flat-bar bikes permitted.
- Bikes must be in good operating condition, including working brakes and tires free of cuts!
- To maximize the athlete experience, and to best adhere to current PHO requirements, each clinic is limited to 10 participants.
- Registration deadline is Wednesday, June 2nd.
There’s no better way to accelerate your skills, gain confidence, and meet new riders than heading to a women’s only bike clinic!
ABOUT THE VANCOUVER COACH: Claire Cameron has been racing bikes for more than 20 years, both locally and internationally. Her fascination for bikes and racing has seen Claire race on professional teams as well as the Canadian National Team. Claire has been to World Championships and the Paralympic Games in 2004 as a pilot in tandem Para-cycling. She has earned victories at BC SuperWeek, track races in Japan, and has been BC Road Race Champion. In her spare time, Claire is an elementary school teacher and cycling coach. Some of Claire’s favourite times on a bike include gravel adventure rides, track racing, stage racing and hill repeats. In 2020, Claire won the road race and the overall at the Tour of Murietta in California, and has recently started virtual racing, and has since increased her on-bike profanity exponentially!
COVID PROTOCOLS: Groups are limited to 10 and will maintain safe social distancing at all times.