2020 Triathlon BC Club Affiliation Form
2020 TRIATHLON BC CLUB AFFILIATION DETAILS:
To register your club, please complete this online form. If you have any questions, or require assistance, please contact us online or directly on (604) 736-3176.
PLEASE NOTE: Telephone messages are typically responded to within 48 to 72 hours of receiving them.
Annual Triathlon BC Membership sales go live on December 1st; in order to ensure a smooth rollover for your club participants, clubs are strongly encouraged to renew/register your club no later than November 24, 2019.
Clubs who renew between December 1st and January 31st should anticipate 4-6 business days to turnaround a club code for members. Club registration will close on January 31, 2020.
Previously unaffiliated Clubs, or Clubs registering for the first time, may be required to post a deposit of $250.00 at the time of affiliation. This amount will be refunded upon meeting and/or exceeding the minimum membership numbers specific in each geographic area. Where required, a Triathlon BC representative will contact you for payment of a club deposit.
In order to become a Triathlon BC affiliated club, your organization must meet eligibility guidelines, including minimum athlete numbers as outlined:
- Minimum of 10 members in Zones 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 (includes Thompson-Okanagan, Fraser Valley, Fraser River-Delta, Vancouver-Squamish and Vancouver Island).
- Minimum of 5 members in Zones 1, 7 and 8* (includes Kootenays, North/West BC and Cariboo-North East BC).
- Youth-Specific Clubs require a minimum of 5 participants under the age of 19 regardless of Zone.
Triathlon Canada has recently updated their NCCP Coach Pathway. Changes to the NCCP delivery will come into effect on January 1st, 2020.
As part Sport Canada’s Safe Sport initiative, together with Triathlon Canada’s new NCCP pathway, all club coaches are required, at minimum, to complete the Community Coach In-Training module by January 1st, 2021. This means that all coaches within your club will need to complete the Triathlon Canada Basic Registration and have a record of taking a NCCP Community Sport Course,
For the 2020 Season: Triathlon BC will require all coaches within your afilliated club complete a criminal record check. This can be done as part of the Triathlon Canada basic registration, through Triathlon BC or from through your local police detachment. Triathlon BC will require a copy of any record checks performed through the local police department.
Triathlon BC currently uses mybackcheck.com for their Criminal Record Checks service. In order to process a background check:
- Triathlon BC needs the coach first name, last name and email
- A request for the background check will be sent to the coach
- The background will be processed online and the results will be sent to Triathlon BC
- If requested, Triathlon BC can share a copy of the request with the clubs and coaches
- There is a cost associated with getting this check completed