Triathlon BC's annual fees are very reasonable, provide many member benefits and help grow the sport.
Triathlon BC is a non-profit organization that is the recognized governing body for the sport of triathlon in British Columbia. We undertake a number of duties and responsibilities on behalf athletes, coaches, clubs, race directors and officials to ensure the growth and development of the sport across the province, and are affiliated to Triathlon Canada and the International Triathlon Union.
- Promotes the growth and development of the sport in BC.
- Implements and interpret the rules of play.
- Ensures events are safe and fair for all participants.
- Provide insurance coverage for all sanctioned training activities and sport competitions.
- Train and assign officials to sanctioned events.
- Provide coach training and assist in the certification process.
Annual Membership Details
Membership is effective from January 1st to December 31st of each year, with a pro-rated membership available beginning October 1st for athletes returning to training for next year’s season. You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident to qualify for Triathlon BC membership.
Triathlon BC insurance only covers medical costs above what would normally be provided by BC Medical Services Plan (MSP) while you are participating in approved Club training sessions and Triathlon BC-sanctioned events. It does not cover damage or loss of equipment.
To obtain a Club discount, your associated training club must be an affiliate to Triathlon BC. Affiliated clubs are listed on our clubs page.
Triathlon BC’s annual fees are very reasonable, and provide many benefits to the member, including:
- Fostering regional development through the support and development of youth, age group, Officials, clubs and elite programs.
- Supporting sport education opportunities, including NCCP Coach Certification and Officials Clinics.
- Supporting special events, including the Annual Athlete Gala, Silent Auctions and Annual Race Director, Official and Volunteer Awards.
- Supporting the development of Canada’s next Olympians.
- Eligibility to receive Provincial and National Team designation.
- Eligibility to receive High Performance funding.
- Eligibility to compete in the BC Summer, Western Canada, Americas Master Games and Canada Summer Games.
- Eligibility to receive entry discounts for safe, sanctioned, quality events.
- Eligibility to enroll in the Canadian Athlete Insurance Program (CAIP).
- Receive a complimentary issue of Triathlon BC’s in house annual magazine!
- Eligible to compete for World Championship qualifying spots.
- Discounted Clinic fees.
Annual Membership Structure
Annual Triathlon BC membership is recommended for any athlete, regardless of age or ability, and mandatory for all active officials and coaches that are actively involved in the sport. Our annual rates are reflected in the table below:
|MEMBERSHIP CATEGORY||ANNUAL COST|
|Individual Adult Member||$45|
|Adult Members belonging to a Triathlon BC affiliated club||$35|
|Junior Member (Under 19 years of age)||$10|
Athletes Racing Out of Canada
Triathlon BC members are covered whilst competing in sanctioned events across Canada only. Coverage does not extend to out of country activities or events.
Please note, that when racing outside of Canada, Triathlon BC members are not covered by member insurance. It is highly recommend to purchase and obtain out of country insurance PRIOR to departure.
Your Information and privacy is important
Collecting Personal Information – Triathlon BC collects basic personal information about its Board of Directors, financial supporters, members, coaches, officials, managers and staff. This information is collected only as it relates to an operating program or organizational activity, and is collected for the following purposes:
- To establish and maintain a responsible relationship with these interested individuals and to provide ongoing service.
- To understand needs and preferences in order to better meet service expectations.
- To manage and develop organizational operations; and
- To meet legal and regulatory requirements.
This information is considered confidential, and is protected as such. To find out more check out Triathlon BC’s Personal Privacy Protection Policy.
National Sport Trust Fund
Triathlon BC’s Pool to Podium program has been created to bring high performance athletes from a provincial level to an international performance standard. These athletes have been identified as meeting and/or exceeding strict eligibility criteria. It brings together top tier athlete support, advanced coaching, intensive training, and international caliber competition opportunities. Donations made to the Pool to Podium program will be used to offset the cost of facility rentals, routine health and wellness screening, physiological testing and assessment, training, travel and cost of competitions for developing young athletes on the cusp of making our National Team.