Triathlon BC is seeking Expressions Of Interests (EOI) to participate in the 2023 Europe racing project, taking place from June 14 through to July 31, 2023. This project is intended to deliver a high-level international racing experience for the province’s top development athletes.
Focused around a 6-week block of racing, athletes will race consecutive weekends to maximize the time in Europe with an appropriate level of racing exposures. The project will include 4 to 5 races over the span of six weeks in cross four different countries in Europe. The final two weeks of the project will be an immersion within the British Triathlon’s Leeds Program in the UK. This will be a unique opportunity to see behind the curtain in one of the world’s most successful triathlon programs!
This project has extremely limited capacity due to the complicated logistics of transportation and travel within Europe. Athletes interested in participating in this racing project should review the
selection criteria and submit an expression of interest to Triathlon BC on or before March 17th. This project will be entirely self-funded.
Triathlon BC will support this project with a Triathlon BC nominated coach to lead the duration of this racing project.
Selection criteria priorities for the Europe project are:
- Triathlon BC membership
- CSI-P Registered with Triathlon BC
- 2022 Canada Summer Games Team Member or Alternate
- Top 12 overall at 2022 Canadian Triathlon Championships (Junior/U23)
- Evidence of immersion within an HP pathway daily training environment from Oct 1, 2022 to present
- Junior athlete 18-19 with international triathlon racing experience
- U23 athlete with international triathlon racing experience
To Express and Interest in the Europe Project and receive further information, please click on the EOI Button below.